MTP SUNDAY EXCLUSIVE: Gov. Brown On Hillary Clinton Emails: “It’s Almost Like A Vampire”

California Gov. Jerry Brown spoke with "Meet the Press" moderator Chuck Todd today, addressing the email controversy plaguing Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign: "It's almost like a vampire.  She's going to have to find a stake and put it right through the heart of these emails in some way."

The email controversy, said Brown, "has some kind of dark energy that gets everybody excited."

Tune into "Meet the Press" this Sunday for more from Gov. Brown's interview as well as a Sunday exclusive interview with Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina.

A transcript of this preview is below, and video is available on NBCNews.comhttp://nbcnews.to/1hxbPek

MANDATORY CREDIT: NBC NEWS' "MEET THE PRESS" / CHUCK TODD

CHUCK TODD: You were here in Washington in March right when the kerfuffle about Hillary Clinton and the emails was happening.  And somebody asked you if this was an issue that would just go away. And you cautioned, "I don't know that.  With these things, what makes a difference you often don't know until it unfolds, because nothing is just what it is.  It's always in part of a larger context.  Things unfold, things happen."  Jerry Brown, March, 2015.  August 2015, she's still dealing with it.  You were right.  What should she be doing better?

GOVERNOR JERRY BROWN: Well, I don't know.  This email thing, it has kind of a mystique to it. You know, an email is just an utterance in digital form.  But it has some kind of dark energy that gets everybody excited.  So I don't know how. It's almost like a vampire.  She's going to have to find a stake and put it right through the heart of these emails in some way.  But I don't think a leading candidate for president needs the advice of another politician.  Generally they don't follow it, and I think they know everything I can figure out on their own.

MEET THE PRESS

"Meet the Press" is where newsmakers come to make news — setting the political agenda and spotlighting the impact Washington decision-making has on people across the country. "Meet the Press" reaches more than 3 million people every Sunday through its broadcasts and millions more through NBCNews.com, the #TweetThePress interview series, Flipboard, and social media platforms.  Chuck Todd is the moderator of "Meet the Press" and John Reiss is the executive producer.

Image courtesy of NBCNews and Meet The Press and used with permission.

Haute Tease